- Fantastic Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
- Full-Time Ubuntu Linux user on server and desktop with occasional Debian, CentOS, RHEL, and Alpine
- Linux Adminstrator with knowledge of BASH scripting, service management with systemd
- Management of Public Cloud infrastructure on DigitalOcean, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform
- Extensive experience in Virtualization technology and management with KVM/QEMU, libvirtd, bhyve(BSD)
- Passionate about data storage and integrity: ZFS, FreeNAS, rsync and rclone
- Experience in Containerization in development, testing, and production such as Docker and Snapcraft; able to write own Dockerfiles
- Proficient in administrating Nginx and experience with Apache
- Able to maintain Linux configurations with Ansible
- Knowledge of and experience in networking standards: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, and VPNs like L2TP/IPSEC, OpenVPN, Wireguard
- GSuite Domain Administration: user, group, service, resource access control and domain management.
- Precision Craftsmanship in Fine Musical Instrument Repair
- Electronic repair and soldering
- Designer and Installer of Custom High-End Home and Professional Audio Systems
- Able to troubleshoot and support all Major modern Operating Systems: Windows, macOS, chromeOS, iOS, Android and desktop Linux
- Excellent Problem Solving, Troubleshooting and Repair Skills
- Patience and empathy and understanding of other's technology and business problems
Systems Administrator at Kerflummox Capital LLC November 2018 - Present
- Responsible for self-hosting Kerflummox's technology services on premises and in the cloud
- Maintained and supported company's Ubuntu Linux workstations and laptops
- Provided direct IT support for Developer Team running Ubuntu Linux
- Architected the transition from expensive hosting services to self-hosting infrastructure on the public cloud
- Retooled the development process to use proper git-flow and modern deployment practices
- Instrumented the use of Docker and Dokku for development process
- Developed new monitoring paradigm for company products using Prometheus, AlertMan, and Grafana
- Constructed centralized log management solution using Red Hat's Cockpit
- Maintained Linux Server fleet with Ansible configuration management
- Created training materials and lead training for new hires in company technology services
- Envisioned and formed company IT department structure including writing department policies and adminstrating the ticket system
- Provided Level 3 IT support for entire staff in a mixed BYOD environment.
Owner/Operator of Uproot Technology LLC; Windsor, VT - January 2017 - Present
- Provided IT services on a contract basis
- Designed, installed, and maintained wired and wireless networks for small businesses
- Deployed open source solutions for clients' business problems trained them in their use
- Developed custom websites for clients
- Provided ongoing hosting services for web technologies
General Manager, Hanover Stringed Instruments; Hanover, NH — 2012-July 2017
- Provided excellent customer sales and service of quality musical instruments and professional audio equipment.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, managed, and scheduled sales and technical staff.
- Maintained company finances and was responsible for purchasing budget.
- Designed and installed custom audio systems for corporate clients including 70 Volt and conventional systems.
- Created and lead public learning events that taught people how to record and produce music using their Windows, Mac, or Linux PC.
- Responsible for obtaining and executing Live Sound contracts with touring acts and their representation.
- Diagnosed and repaired fine musical instruments, vintage electronics, pro and home audio equipment and customer’s personal computers and gadgets.
- Deployed and operated arena and enterprise-grade live sound systems.
- Administration of company IT: GSuite, LAN, LastPass, Nextcloud, Macbook fleet, social media and web site, and services.